The most expensive piece of construction machinery you own is heavy machinery. Additionally, it costs the most to repair or replace. With regular maintenance best practices, you may save costs and increase the lifespan of your equipment, as shown in this tutorial. When you plan to put heavy equipment for sale, the first thing to consider is how well it is maintained.
We will point out routine maintenance omissions as well as simple steps you may do to increase the equipment’s long-term value significantly. Even the most robust and dependable machinery needs routine maintenance to maintain construction vehicles’ unrivalled service life and productivity.
Simple steps to Maximize Heavy Equipment Machine Life with Proper Care
Committing to Preventive Maintenance Program
Preventive maintenance (PM) aims to foresee wear and tear and change. Continuous corrective activities are conducted to guarantee dependability and performance. PM includes routine, methodical inspections, component modification and replacement, performance testing, and analysis.
An effective preventative maintenance program reduces unplanned downtime due to equipment failure and increases the lifespan of construction equipment.
A good PM program offers the following advantages:
- Increased system and equipment dependability
- Reduction of unforeseen failure
- Increased equipment lifespan
- Higher resale value
- Improved inventory control for parts
- Identifying Major Causes of Machinery Breakdown
Identifying potential reasons for equipment failure is a crucial component of a successful PM program. You may prevent failure and save hundreds or even thousands of dollars by recognizing reasons for failure in advance and keeping regular work routines.
Three distinct kinds of mechanical failure exist. The following is a list of their causes and solutions.
- Sudden Failure– Machinery that goes down suddenly is known as a sudden failure. Usually, the cause is clear. The equipment is then used after the part has been repaired or replaced.
- Random Failure– Random intermittent failure occurs. It can be challenging to pinpoint the source of this random stopping. Intermittent failure- It isn’t very pleasant, expensive in terms of downtime, and can typically be avoided by foreseeing the cause and taking care of it during maintenance.
- Gradual Failure– It is possible to avoid gradual failure by performing routine maintenance and inspections. Wearing parts are identified as being close to failure and replaced before it happens.
Getting to Know your Machines Completely
Implementing a successful preventative maintenance program requires extensive knowledge about the product. Finding this crucial information is frequently as easy as consulting the machine’s equipment handbook, which underwent investigation to identify problems and suggest the appropriate preventive maintenance.
A fundamental component of a PM plan should be taking the time to read and comprehend the equipment manual. The suggested service intervals for each machine component, the servicing items to use, and the permitted working conditions for the equipment are all specified in the manuals.
Consideration of Selling Aspects by Auctioning Platform
When you decide to go for Boom and Bucket heavy equipment for sale, you need to consider the aspects of auctioning. In other words, you need to check the guidelines for auctioning heavy equipment and in what condition tools are sold. This will help you maintain the equipment accordingly to avoid any issues later. Moreover, it will help you to maintain a reasonable selling price.
To help with memory and to mark off chores under completion, it is best to maintain the checklist of heavy equipment maintenance. Create check sheets organized with each itemized task connected to a specific interval. It could be on a daily, monthly, or seasonal basis. Additionally, specific hourly objectives that require special attention are based on machine time.
Everything matters when it comes to keeping heavy equipment for sale, from documenting to the proper maintenance of your machine.